Sunday, January 15, 2012

259

That was my new number yesterday AND today!! It's a step in the right direction and a number I haven't seen in many many many years. I have had a great eating week and have done very well with my water. I'm very happy about that. I give all the credit to Mio, it has helped me so much! If you haven't tried it, you must. So much better then Crystal Light and you can add as much as you want or as little as you want. There are many different flavors as well. Kind of costly but I bought a 3 pack at Sams Club last week for 10.00 and it was very worth it.
Today I made one of my favorite recipes which is German Red Cabbage. It is sooooo good! I make it and eat it all week long. It is addicting and so good for you.
1 head of Red Cabbage
1/2 cup - 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
3 tablespoons of Splenda Brown Sugar
1 package of Center Cut Bacon or Turkey Bacon
1 large Onion

Cut bacon in small chunks along with an onion and saute in pan until bacon is no longer soft but starting to get crunchy and onions are caramelized. While that is cooking, chop cabbage into small square chunks. Add it to the bacon mix along with salt, pepper, garlic powder brown sugar and vinegar. Cook until cabbage is tender but not mushy stirring frequently. I usually cook it with a lid on for about 10 minutes then take the lid off and cook it the rest of the time without it, if you leave it on the whole time it gets too juicy.  I eat this hot or cold. Its delicious! Once in a while I will make it with a green cabbage and it just isn't the same. Green cabbage gets very mushy. 

So as of today we are 15 days into the new year. I am proud of the changes I am making and the weight loss I have seen so far. I am on my way to my summer goals. It saddens me that so many people that vowed to lose weight for the new year  have already gone back to their old eating habits or have thrown in the towel. This is a long commitment and I am certain I will reach my goals. I am so thankful for my ladies at Mend-a-body Solutions. Everyday I get on the boards and have support, friendship, new recipes and new goals thanks to them. I could not do this without them....but you have to WANT to do it and not just SAY you want to do it. 

Good night all and here is to a brand new week to continue reaching for the stars! 
Tiff



No comments:

Post a Comment