Monday, January 23, 2012

Plateaus and temptations

I very much dislike that word, but that is currently what seems to be happening for me. I need to make some changes. I need to incorporate more exercise, this I know. This time of year just makes me so lazy! It's cold, no actually its freezing, the outside is ugly and to be honest I just feel like doing nothing in this weather. Excuses excuses, that's all they are, but true at the same time.

I'm still doing well with my food. Lots of fiber, low carb choices, but I have been struggling with some temptations this past week. Nothing crazy or any type of binge eating going on, but a small cookie here, a few cheez-its there, an extra cheese stick here, a bite or two of potatoes at dinner, that type of stuff, it all adds up after awhile. I haven't been measuring my portions and I know I should be. Sometimes its just so hard and sometimes I just don't care!  But I do care and I want to see that damn scale number go down! I know, here I go with that stupid scale. I try not to let it define my success, but its so easy to do. Why do I keep sabotaging myself? Why can't I just get it together!? Its so incredibly frustrating at times. Its times like this in the past that I would just throw in the towel and be done with this all and go back to eating crap. I'm not going to do that. This will not get the best of me, I won't let it!

So I need to get out of this funk I'm in and get back to what my goals are. My pants are still big, my rings are spinning off my fingers, but it would really be nice to see some other changes. For pete sake, I eat so lean and so much fiber, I should be a rail! Why does weight loss have to be so darn difficult at times? Where is that darn magic pill? It is me and only me standing in my way.


2 comments:

  1. YOu'll get back on track! No one is perfect, everyone gives in to temptation from time to time. THis week I gained back the 2 lbs I lost last week. Everyone in the house was sick, including myself, I missed the gym twice last week and am gonna miss it again today. Plus my period is due any day now, and thats the WORST for me! You can do it hun!!! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am trying. Its a daily struggle sometimes but I keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete