Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 7 with no Dairy

Well I am happy to say I have survived almost a full week with no dairy. I honestly thought this was going to be a huge challenge for me, but it hasn't been! I also feel terrific on top of that!! I did make a trip up to Whole Foods and found some great dairy alternatives to use when I'm really craving something or want to make a pizza or grilled cheese. I was pleasantly surprised that these non dairy items are actually pretty darn good! But I am being careful not to over do the soy or other products, I am trying to stick to whole foods, from the ground, less artificial sweeteners, less crap basically. Just real food. I am also gearing up to force myself to get up at 5:15 and work out starting tomorrow. I have really really been inspired by this girl, Amanda Tyson  https://www.facebook.com/amandaleightyson . I became a fan of her page last week after somebody on my friends list had commented on it. She was teased as a child, which I can relate to, bullied in school and started a Be Kind campaign. She tried out for the Biggest Loser, didn't make the cut and decided to keep at it on her own. She posts daily about her working out routines and food that she eats, along with lots of pictures. Not until yesterday did I discover she lived in Maine, in Scarborough actually!! Go figure!! So now of course I am an even bigger fan. ;-)

I also am please to report that I dropped 6 lbs since Sunday just from eating whole foods, cutting out dairy and following MAB strictly. I feel more motivated then ever. Now if I can just get myself up to popping in that P90X video. Eeeks!!!

Here is a lovely lemon garlic quinoa salad I made today. So yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment